© Copyright 2017 Emile Henry
USING THE EMILE HENRY 26CM ROUND COCOTTE
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots
- 3 sticks of celer
- 1 zucchini
- 1 leek
- 420g of cannellini beans
- 2 bacon rashers
- 8 tomatoes (skin off) or 2 x tin tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 80g pasta
- 1 piece Parmesan cheese rind (optional)
- Peel and finely chop garlic and onion. Roughly chop zucchini, carrots, celery, potato and set aside.
- Top and tail the leek. Cut into quarters lengthways and then into 2cm slices.
- Slice bacon into 0.5cm pieces or larger if you prefer.
- Preheat your Emile Henry Cocotte for 2 to 3 minutes, with 2 tablespoons of oil. Add and sauté bacon for 2 minutes, or until golden.
- Add chopped vegetables and leek, sauté over medium heat uncovered, stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Add the bay leaf, beef stock, tomatoes, Parmesan rind and beans to the cocotte, cover and bring to boil. Reduce to low heat. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until the vegetables and beans are tender.
- Add pasta and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, following packet directions or until pasta is al dente. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into serving bowls and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.