© Copyright 2017 Emile Henry
USING THE ROUND COCOTTE
Proportions to serve 6
- Free-range organic chicken, cut into 10-12 pieces
- 2 French shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
- 4 stalks of thyme
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 400ml white wine
- 400ml chicken stock
- 80g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C fan forced.
- Season the chicken with salt.
- Heat some oil in your round cocotte over a medium heat. Sauté the French shallots and garlic until translucent.
- Add the chicken pieces and brown lightly.
- Add the celery pieces and herbs and stir to combine.
- Add in the stock and wine, ensuring that the chicken pieces are covered (add more if required). Turn the heat up and bring to the boil.
- Turn off the heat and top with Parmesan cheese, 1 cup of bread crumbs (reserve ½ cup for later) and a good drizzle of olive oil (in that order).
- Put the lid on and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove lid and sprinkle on more breadcrumbs (if needed), pressing down to absorb moisture. Drizzle some more olive oil and place under the grill for 10 minutes to crisp.
To serve: Serve with pan tossed kale and roast potatoes.